Top Five Free SEO Tips of the Week
SANTA MONICA, CA — Why wait until the New Year begins to declare a business-related resolution? Resolve to try these five free SEO tips today. From Facebook Fan Page optimization, to using YouTube effectively for Video SEO, the options are endless, and exciting.
1. Using YouTube for Video SEO: Do you have a YouTube business page yet? Don’t worry, an entire How-To Make a YouTube Business Page support forum has been established on the subject. Video SEO is all about original content, after all. Content that sets your business apart from the rest, when done correctly, will be more than enough of a reason for a viewer to click on your site, and to become a customer.
2. Read SEO News Daily: You are what you read, it’s true. Just ask Ali Husayni, CEO of the SEO service company, Master Google. Simply looking at sites that connect the latest trends of SEO, (like our blog), Search Engine Land, and SEOMoz.org, will keep you afloat in the world of ever-changing SEO tips and news.
3. Never Allow a Duplicate Batch of Information: It might seem like a time saver, but don’t be fooled by the idea that more content is better, no matter what. Less is more in this case. Duplicate content, according to Google webmaster central is simply described as “substantive blocks of content” or “content within or across domains” that are similar or the same. According to Husayni, this can mean the end of a website’s previously high ranking, as rankings will drop to 10+ pages due to such practices. While there are many other types of duplications, this is a big offender for many businesses.
4. Optimize Your Business Facebook Page: In a recent Search Engine Watch Article about Facebook SEO, Kristi Hines suggests approaching Facebook SEO in a fresh way. She asks users to imagine that a Facebook fan page is you or your brand’s website.
“If you want to keyword optimize your Facebook fan page… pull SEO elements from your page’s content for additional optimization,” Hines says.
Here is what Hines says your Facebook Business Page SEO should look like from an optimization standpoint:
SEO title: The name of your page plus | Facebook.
Meta description: The name of your page plus the About description of your page, followed by | Facebook.
H1: The name of your page.
The process is pretty straightforward, and much more accessible to small businesses now than in the past.
5. Follow the Trend of Finding time for SMM and SEO: Believe it or not, the two can be very happy together. According to a recent Constant Contact Survey, 45% of small business owners said that social media marketing (as part of site traffic generating) doesn’t take too much time out of their day to make it viable. This attitude is a complete reversal from just six months ago, when time was cited as a big concern against doing any type of marketing. But social media marketing only goes so far. The next step is SEO, which is going to drive targeted visitors to your site, according to Husayni.
“We measure our success by the number of targeted visitors who find our clients’ sites using their keywords – main keywords as well as secondary keywords,” Husayni said.
© 2011 Master Google. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Master Google is credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this press release is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.